Since the launch of G Suite, it has brought in perspective in work with dozen new apps and services, unveiled intelligent features by using cloud technology to collaborate and stay productive. With the giant leaps made with phishing and spam control, businesses have relied on G Suite and its collaborative tools including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, and Hangouts for more than a decade now. More than 5 million paying businesses are using G Suite to work faster and smarter every day. In the past year alone, 1 million new customers have signed up for G Suite, with Google boasting of clients like Verizon, Colgate-Palmolive and Keller Williams.
Leading companies from financial services, retail, manufacturing, media, and entertainment are tapping G Suite to reimagine the way they work. Here are some examples.
ATB Financial, as a part of its customer-oriented attitude and belief to transform banking, has launched a bold transformation initiative “Work Reimagined”, powered by G Suite. Strategic planning, consolidation, and reporting are twice as fast using G Suite for collaboration. When ATB uses Google Chromebox with Google Hangouts Meet, for any time, anywhere meetings connected in one click.
BBVA, a global financial services group founded in Spain migrated to G Suite to increase efficiency and help their teams to work seamlessly, irrespective of their location. With employees in more than 30 countries across the world, Google Hangouts Meets, Google Slides, and Google Docs prove to be a blessing in disguise for them. Here’s how-
- To gauge the worth of the proposed project, financial models are created by businesses by using Google Sheets.
- Calculation of internal rate of return (IRR), return on investments, (ROI) and net present value (NPV) is a smooth process with the administration of G Suite.
- Finance teams often communicate cross-functionally with other departments, such as marketing and sales. With Groups, it is easy to communicate quickly at once. The users can also limit sensitive information by only adding certain people to a group.
- At the time of cross-functionality, team members often need key metrics on topics, such as budgets and bottom lines. Hosting this data by creating a team website in Google Sites can be used by organizations to link important documents and use permissions to provide access
- Not just that, when beginning a project, they can even start with an existing template in Slides to draft a proposal.
Sheets make it easier to enhance financial data and bring them in order. The data from several spreadsheets can be comfortably moved into a single spreadsheet with the IMPORT RANGE function. Need to add stock prices to visualize trends? Experience the same with the GOOGLE FINANCE function.
- To publish lookbooks for the latest product line and manage rich-media assets like images, logos, and videos across every retail channel was the biggest challenge for Astley Clarke. With the employment of Drive, they could sync to the cloud so that everyone’s always accessing the most up-to-date content. Thus, their creation and distribution of catalogs were reduced to a much easier process.
Travis Perkins, UK’s leading building merchant and the largest supplier to the construction market, helped optimize the workday of 30,000 employees by using G Suite.
- The company also built a new intranet on G Suite, which combines Calendar, Gmail, Drive, and Sites for its employees. Travis Perkins staff use this tool to present tasks, deadlines, performance reviews, the status of colleagues, calendar reminders and Hangout links where a team can jump into a meeting — all from one screen.
With G Suite, products are brought to the market faster with increased collaboration and task management. Retailers collaborate and share product designs, mock-ups, quality guidelines and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in a secure workspace using Drive or shared drives. Stores constantly changing their physical footprint; while opening a new store or rebuilding a space. Thus, coordinating every task with various internal departments and outside contractors is a challenge.
- With the help of Sheets and Calendar, users can collaborate task assignments and timelines. Retailers at times, also experience high employee turnover. Hence, shortening the recruiting and onboarding process improves the borderline. Moreover, the interested candidates can submit their information through Forms, and consequently, interviews can be conducted with top choices from anywhere in the world with Hangout Meets.
Aerotech, designs and manufactures the highest performance motion control, positioning tables/stages, and positioning systems for customers in industry, government, science, and research institutions around the world.
- G Suite resources helped Aerotech improve its international and domestic communication within the organization. Team members frequently rely on Hangouts Meet and Hangouts Chat to talk internally and with clients. The calendar has become an invaluable resource for team coordination that includes assigning time zones to events.
Celestica, a multinational electronics manufacturing and supply chain services, brings global expertise and insight into every stage of product development—from the drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services. It also used the mobile device management capabilities included with G Suite to replace it’s legacy Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) environment and thereby recovering software license costs.
Moving to G Suite helps:-
- Erase the worry of spending time cleaning out the inboxes and folders to remain within a storage quota.
- To acquire accurate measure on collaboration across the company, businesses can also use the reporting available through the G Suite Admin panel to identify how Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides have been edited by another person other than the owner of the document.
- Real-time collaboration in G Suite can save more than 17,000 hours of employee time per year!
Nielsen, a global measurement and data analytics company, moved all of its 56,000 users to G Suite in 6 months to reduce IT support requirements and infrastructure travel costs by 20%. It was successful to identify that G Suite is built with enterprise security and workflows in mind. At each of its global offices, Nielsen appointed Google Guides to help distribute marketing materials, raise awareness and make employees get faster answers to their questions.
Google Drive fundamentally changes how employees work together, allowing them to move from an email-based workflow to real-time collaboration. Furthermore, they can also have a consistent and productive experience on mobile devices, Chromebooks, Macs, or PCs. As a result, time-sensitive communications can be accelerated.
G Suite comes with an annual subscription cost per user, with an SSO solution included in the G Suite license. So why wait? Switch to Google to enable an unparalleled working experience!
(Please note: Google offers a period of a free trial so that there are no issues before committing to anything)